The club was established as a non profit organisation with the following objectives:
- To encourage and ensure co-operative effort in matters pertaining to the interests of breeders in the Cape.
- To assist and collaborate with the NHRA and the TBA in all matters pertaining to the improvement of the breed and its standards.
- To confer and collaborate with breeders throughout the world and to convey views and recommendations in an endeavour to improve breeding and racing.
- To encourage investment in and improvement of thoroughbred breeding stock.
- To disseminate amongst its members information on all matters affecting breeders.
- To foster and promote the strength of breeders in the Cape as a particular and unique region.
- To promote grooms training & education